Tooth Extractions – Philadelphia, PA
Remove and Replace Your Damaged Teeth
A tooth extraction should only ever be considered as a last resort. At Dentex Dental at Bustleton , we’ll only suggest it once it’s clear that there’s no way to save the tooth in question. But don’t worry; we’ll guide you every step of the way and help you stay calm and comfortable during the process. We can also help you consider your options for replacing any number of teeth as needed. If you suspect you might need an extraction soon, call us today.
Why Choose Dentex Dental at Bustleton for Tooth Extractions?
- Calming Sedation for Anxious Patients
- Friendly, Caring Dentists and Team
- Multiple Options for Replacement
for Tooth Extraction
Your permanent teeth are supposed to last the rest of your life. An extraction is only considered necessary in very specific circumstances. This includes:
- You have tooth decay that has resulted in irreparable damage and threatens to spread to other parts of the mouth.
- You have a tooth that is trapped underneath the gums and can’t erupt normally.
- Your teeth are too crowded together and can’t be adjusted with orthodontic treatment.
- You were in an accident that broke the tooth in a way that prevents it from being restored.
We will use special dental instruments to loosen the tooth before removing it altogether with forceps. The tooth might have to be split into pieces to be extracted safely. This approach is known as a surgical extraction. Simple extractions (which are more straightforward and only require local anesthesia) can be performed if the tooth is already visible in the mouth.